FBox and FileSelect, making them beahve in a similar manner
Author Message
 FBox and FileSelect, making them beahve in a similar manner

I'm writing a perlTK script that will be used by a variey of users. I
decided to offer the user teh choice of the FBox, or FileSelect widget for
slecting a file to write the results to.

Problem is, I can't make them behave the same. You can see this using the
demo that's in the widget script.

The biggest problem at the moment has to do with the directory that is
first offered when the widget is invoked. FileSelect does as I expect and
accepts the initialdir paramater. FBox chhoses to ignore this, and always
displays starting with the root directory.

How can I fix this?

Also I have not been able to find any docs on FBox, where might I look?

Mon, 23 Feb 2004 14:44:43 GMT

1. FBox versus FileSelect

2. Using Getopts in a case-insensitive manner

3. Using tie in an OO-like manner

4. Populating number data in a sequential manner.

5. Populating number data in a sequential manner.

6. Allocating space for strings - most memory efficient manner ?

7. Populating number data in a sequential manner.

8. FBox placement via geometry method

9. SuSE8.2 install breaks FBox, getOpenFile etc.

10. Tk::FBox and Taint Mode

11. problem with getSaveFile..."fBox" appears

12. Tk-FBox - no pod / docs?