Running Perl Script under X-Windows Session
Author Message
 Running Perl Script under X-Windows Session

Anyone have any ideas why I get the following message when trying to run my
perl script on AIX 4.3?  This is being invoked from an XWindows session (so
I assume the environment isn't setup entirely...)  The script appears to
work fine and the TK window displays..

haraix1:/home/mohord >perl tktest.pl
perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
        LC_ALL = (unset),
        LC__FASTMSG = "true",
        LANG = "En_US"
perl: warning: Falling back to the standard locale ("C")

Mon, 17 May 2004 04:53:43 GMT
 Running Perl Script under X-Windows Session

Quote:
> Anyone have any ideas why I get the following message when trying to run my
> perl script on AIX 4.3?  This is being invoked from an XWindows session (so
> I assume the environment isn't setup entirely...)  The script appears to
> work fine and the TK window displays..

> haraix1:/home/mohord >perl tktest.pl
> perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
>         LC_ALL = (unset),
>         LC__FASTMSG = "true",
>         LANG = "En_US"
>     are supported and installed on your system.
> perl: warning: Falling back to the standard locale ("C")

For a quick fix, unset the offending environment variables (LC_ALL,
LC__FASTMSG, LANG) before running the script.  You can do that in
your X setup, though where exactly is for you to find out.

If you need the locale as given, do what the message advises and
see that it is installed.

Anno

Mon, 17 May 2004 11:19:22 GMT

1. Running Perl Script under X-Windows Session

2. Running Perl under X-Windows Session???

3. mod_perl apache windows 2000 is not running perl scripts simultaneously

4. Best source for Perl CGI scripts that run on Windows NT

5. Editing Perl scripts in windows environment and running on linux

6. mod_perl apache windows 2000 is not running perl scripts simultaneously

7. Running perl script on the DOS prompt (Windows)

8. Running a VT100 perl script in Windows 95

9. Test running PERL script in Windows 95

10. Running a perl script on Windows 95

11. Running a perl script in the background on Windows(95/NT)

12. running Windows program from perl script