novice question re CGI.pm/cgi-lib.pl
Author Message
 novice question re CGI.pm/cgi-lib.pl

Hello folks,
Ok Im a newbie at this but but Im having a problem I can fix, and it
doesnt make sense

Im trying to create a CGIscript in Perl to handle formdata, so wanted
to use either CGI.pm, or cgi-lib.pl

Whichever one I use I get an error
with cgi-lib.pl error = Can't find string terminator "END_MULTIPART"
anywhere before EOF at cgi-lib.pl l
ine 119.

with CGI.pm I get a similar one for line 686 message about cant find
SMTHG_SMTHNG_OvERLOAD

please - what the heck am I doing wrong !!!

Slowly going bald !
Richard

Sat, 05 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 novice question re CGI.pm/cgi-lib.pl
        >snip<
: Whichever one I use I get an error
: with cgi-lib.pl error = Can't find string terminator "END_MULTIPART"
: anywhere before EOF at cgi-lib.pl l
: ine 119.
: with CGI.pm I get a similar one for line 686 message about cant find
: SMTHG_SMTHNG_OvERLOAD

        Maybe you uploaded them in binary mode instead of text?

--

BSD:  A psychoactive drug, popular in the 80s, probably developed at UC
Berkeley or thereabouts.  Similar in many ways to the prescription-only

Sat, 05 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 novice question re CGI.pm/cgi-lib.pl

Quote:
> with cgi-lib.pl error = Can't find string terminator "END_MULTIPART"
> anywhere before EOF at cgi-lib.pl l
> ine 119.

Have you seen what it says about this message in perldiag?

Quote:
> with CGI.pm I get a similar one for line 686 message about cant find
> SMTHG_SMTHNG_OvERLOAD

You probably transferred those files improperly to or from a DOS/Windows
machine. Try properly installing 5.004 or later of Perl, which includes
the CGI module. Good luck!

Sat, 05 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 novice question re CGI.pm/cgi-lib.pl

Quote:

> Hello folks,
> Ok Im a newbie at this but but Im having a problem I can fix, and it
> doesnt make sense

> Im trying to create a CGIscript in Perl to handle formdata, so wanted
> to use either CGI.pm, or cgi-lib.pl

> Whichever one I use I get an error
> with cgi-lib.pl error = Can't find string terminator "END_MULTIPART"
> anywhere before EOF at cgi-lib.pl l
> ine 119.

> with CGI.pm I get a similar one for line 686 message about cant find
> SMTHG_SMTHNG_OvERLOAD

> please - what the heck am I doing wrong !!!

> Slowly going bald !
> Richard

I encountered the same error, and in my case it was caused by not having

a carriage return after the "END_MULTIPART" part.

Hope that helps in your case.

-JT

Fri, 11 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. CGI.pm/cgi-lib.pl benchmark (Was: cgi-lib.pl or CGI.pm?)

2. Whats better cgi-lib.pl or cgi.pm?

3. Whats better cgi-lib.pl or cgi.pm?

4. CGI.pm or CGI-LIB.pl

5. cgi-lib.pl vs CGI.pm?

6. cgi-lib.pl or CGI.pm?

7. Problems with http file upload using cgi.pm and cgi-lib.pl

8. cgi-lib.pl vs CGI.pm

9. Whats better cgi-lib.pl or cgi.pm?

10. ns-upload, CGI.pm & cgi-lib.pl

11. cgi.pm .vs. cgi-lib.pl

12. Problems with Enterprise with cgi-lib.pl/fup.html/fup.cgi