newbie: Quote character inside a literal srting?
Author Message
 newbie: Quote character inside a literal srting?

Quote:

> I am trying to print output to a comma delimeted ascii file.
> How can I represent a double quote character inside a string without
> messing up the parsing ?
> Is there a special character like /t is for TAB?

What parsing? perls? then:

$quoted_string = 'Here is some "quoted" material';
$q2 = "here is \"some\" more";
$q3 = qq(yet some "different" kind);

are just a few of the ways.
MRK

Thu, 25 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 newbie: Quote character inside a literal srting?

I am trying to print output to a comma delimeted ascii file.

How can I represent a double quote character inside a string without
messing up the parsing ?

Is there a special character like /t is for TAB? I can't seem to find a way
around this in any books.
Any help appreciated- Thanks

Tue, 30 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT

#
# How can I represent a double quote character inside a string without
# messing up the parsing ?
#
# Is there a special character like /t is for TAB? I can't seem to find a way
# around this in any books.

Do you mean:  \" ?

#================================================================

print"\n"' McClellan Clan Motto: Think On

PGP Key 0xB76E72AD                    http://pudge.petersons.com/

Tue, 30 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 newbie: Quote character inside a literal srting?

I believe delimiting with a single quote will work, I.E.,
print 'This "text" contains a double quote'

Quote:
>I am trying to print output to a comma delimeted ascii file.

>How can I represent a double quote character inside a string without
>messing up the parsing ?

>Is there a special character like /t is for TAB? I can't seem to find a way
>around this in any books.
>Any help appreciated- Thanks

Gary Johnson - Olathe, KS
Magness Vertical Systems, Inc.

Wed, 31 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to convert literal escape to ascii character?

2. Specifying literal reserved characters

3. substituting for matches not inside quotes?

4. Comma delimited fields with line returns inside a double quote

5. Avoiding split matching inside quotes?

6. $x{$y} inside double quotes in print problem

7. Function call inside Quotes?

8. Comma delimited fields with line returns inside a double quote

9. expanding variable inside double quotes

10. split on comma except when embedded inside quotes

11. FAQ: How can I split a [character] delimited string except when inside

12. calling perl inside a system call with meta-characters