OraPerl and PL/SQL Stored Procedure
Author Message
 OraPerl and PL/SQL Stored Procedure

Date: Wed, 8 Oct 1997 12:22:59 -0700

Newsgroups: comp.databases.oracle.tools, comp.databases.oracle.misc,
    comp.lang.perl.misc
Subject: Oraperl - PL/SQL Question

I am running into a problem returning OUT parameters from a PL/SQL stored
procedure. Although the procedure is exec'ing (I verified it by logging
into a table), the output argument is not getting set in perl.

I am pre-assigning values to the output variable. Here is a mock up code.

#!/usr/local/bin/perl5

use Oraperl;

$ENV{ORACLE_HOME} = ...
.
.
.

$in_var = 'A';
$out_var = 'X';

        $csr = &ora_open ($lda, <<EOQ) ;
BEGIN
 PROC1 (:1, :2);
END;
EOQ

        &ora_bind($csr, $in_var, $out_var);

        print $out_var, "\n";

        &ora_close($csr);

PROCEDURE PROC1( in_var IN varchar2, out_var OUT varchar2)
IS
BEGIN

   out_var := in_var;

END ;

Any suggestions ?

Sridhar

Mon, 27 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Executing DEL and UPDT PL/SQL stored procedures from PERL

2. Executing DEL and UPDT PL/SQL stored procedures from PERL

3. Binding Cursors returned from PL/SQL stored procedure

4. pl/sql stored procedure with Table input

5. pl/sql stored procedure

6. oraperl & stored procedures

7. Oraperl - Stored Procedures How to ??

8. Oraperl - executing stored procedures

9. Oraperl and stored procedures

10. Can Oraperl call Oracle stored procedures?

11. oraperl and stored procedures

12. Someone please post Oraperl calling Oracle Store procedure example(s)