Can I use dbmopen command with perl4??
Author Message
 Can I use dbmopen command with perl4??

I am such a novice to html and cgi

I was using perl5 and it works fine to open a dbm file (dbmopen)

Now that I've change of company (They have Perl4 installed) my cgi don't works.

Can I use dbmopen command with perl4?

I would like to be sur to convince them to install perl5 is it the answer
to solve my problem?

Rejean Blais

Wed, 20 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Can I use dbmopen command with perl4??

Quote:

>I am such a novice to html and cgi

>I was using perl5 and it works fine to open a dbm file (dbmopen)

>Now that I've change of company (They have Perl4 installed) my cgi
>don't works. Can I use dbmopen command with perl4?

>I would like to be sur to convince them to install perl5 is it the
>answer to solve my problem?

You sure can.  Be sure to get the dbmopen working before trying to use
it in a CGI script.  Much easier to debug.

-rob
---

<URL:http://www.dti.net/Hyplans/rfrancis/>

Fri, 22 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Using dbmopen command via Netscape ???

2. Multiple dbmopen()'s at once (perl4)

3. dbmopen/dbmclose:perl4/5 conversion

4. dbmopen differences in perl4 and perl5

5. DBMOPEN Command Error

6. dbmopen command ????

7. Problems using dbmopen...

8. using dbmopen()

9. Using dbmopen() on NT Server

10. dbmopen() dbmclose() using CGI variables

11. Using dbmopen and dbmclose in a cgi script

12. problem using exists with dbmopen & dbmclose