Northern Cal. Perl evangelist needed April 4
Author Message
 Northern Cal. Perl evangelist needed April 4

I've been asked to talk about Perl, at the Gathering of the
Green Party of California next month in San Anselmo, Marin County.

The various counties' Registrars of Voters give us our voter lists
in weird and wacky formats, and I have been translating them
into useful data.  Folks are asking, how the hell did you do that,
and the answer is Perl.  And the Greens are starting to get interested
in the free software movement.

Trouble is, I'm just a hardware guy, not an expert in Perl by any means.
I'm also a unix bigot, and don't know the first thing about
installing and using Perl on MacOS or Microsoft.
It would be great to have someone who can answer basic questions about Perl
in general, and the non-unix platforms in particular.

Please visit http://www.*-*-*.com/

Cameron
--
I interpret unsolicited commercial email as an invitation to discuss the
Realtime Blackhole service ( http://www.*-*-*.com/ ), and the merits of

Fri, 25 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Perl tutorials at U Penn on Monday April 14 and April 21

2. Need Perl consultant - Northern NJ -- short or medium term

3. Need NT Perl Consultant in So Cal

4. Seeking Perl/CGI programmer in Northern Colorado

5. Northern Colorado Perl Mongers Meeting

6. Northern Colorado Perl Mongers: Wed 30 Sep 1998

7. Northern Colorado Perl Users Group

8. Randal Teaching Open Perl Class in NYC/Northern NJ AREA

9. Northern Colorado Perl Mongers: Wed 30 Sep 1998

10. perl code to implement /bin/cal?

11. Perl class at Cal Extension

12. perl implementation of CAL ?