Tie a database file
Author Message
 Tie a database file

Hi,

I am new with MLDBM and database in Perl.
I wrote a simple database program in Perl using MLDBM from CPAN, and it
works.  When I try to integrate my program into a CGI script, it does
not work.  I have problem "Tie"-ing the database file.  I believe I
don't have permission to tie the file as nobody.
What is the differences between open and tie?  I can use open in CGI
scripts but I can't use tie in CGI scripts.

Thanks for your help.

Sat, 27 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Database (tie) from fixed format text file?

2. tied database doesn't shrink with deletes

3. failed to tie to history database

4. dbmopen as opposed to tie -- for a database

5. Tied database hash/iterator/cursor problem?

6. Problems reading tied hash database records

7. using tie and database modules

8. Multiple tie/untie on gdbm database failing

9. tie() not creating new database?

10. Problems 'tie'ing hash and array databases

11. Perl lockf bug and tied databases

12. Locking a tied database with DB_File