CGI.pm vs. Base.pm
Author Message
 CGI.pm vs. Base.pm

Greetings all;

A quick question:

Looking at Lincoln Stein's website, I've found the following URLs:

If I go to
        http://www.*-*-*.com/
I get a menu that eventually leads me to CGI.pm

However, if I go to
        http://www.*-*-*.com/

(I got this URL out of a book), I'm told that "they [Base.pm, et al]
contain all the functionality of the original CGI.pm modules."

Which is preferable? Although I've done a lot of hacking with Perl 4
functionality (see my calendar page) I don't have a lot of experience
using pre-written modules, so it's hard for me to evaluate each of these.
Is either set of modules considered "better" by the perl community?

Thanks in advance,

--Art
(e-mail cc:s appreciated)

National Ska/Reggae Calendar: www.ziplink.net/~upsetter/ska/calendar.html
        Boston Ska Home Page: www.ziplink.net/~upsetter/ska/index.html

Tue, 26 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. HELP - errors related to AutoLoader.pm, Entitiy.pm, Internet.pm, IO/Wrap.pm, Head.pm

2. CGI.pm,, LWP.pm or HTML.pm

3. CGI-modules vs. CGI.pm

4. cgi-lib.pl vs CGI.pm?

5. cgi-lib.pl vs CGI.pm

6. cgi.pm .vs. cgi-lib.pl

7. Email.pm Page.pm URL.pm TextDB.pm wanted

8. CGI::Base.pm ** BUG**: https POST returns no parameters

9. <BASE HREF> / CGI.pm problem

10. Y2K Error in CGI::Base.pm

11. best PC-based unix for running perl5 + CGI.pm

12. CGI.pm functions vs OO