How to write search engine like yahoo?
Author Message
 How to write search engine like yahoo?

Hi, I live in taiwan. I want to write a chinese search engine like
yahoo.
Is Perl as a first choice? Has any web site to teach people how to write
a search engine? Thank you for helping.

Tue, 27 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to write search engine like yahoo?

Quote:

>Hi, I live in taiwan. I want to write a chinese search engine like
>yahoo.
>Is Perl as a first choice? Has any web site to teach people how to write
>a search engine? Thank you for helping.

Do you mean a search engine or a directory? Yahoo is primarily a directory,
with a search engine tacked on. If all you want is directory functionality,
you could try my BookMarker script (written in Perl), available at
<URL:http://www.nihongo.org/snowhare/utilities/bookmarker/> as a starting
point to see how such a thing can be put together.

If you are looking for a free ranging search engine (like Alta Vista
or Exite), there is no publically available tool for that in Perl
AFAIK. You *can* do it (See <URL:http://www.vietgate.net/> for an
example of such a Perl based search engine) - but it is non-trivial.

--
Benjamin Franz

Tue, 27 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to write search engine like Yahoo??

2. How to write search engine like yahoo?

3. How to write search engine like Yahoo??

4. Need Source for search engine like google/yahoo

5. Need Source for search engine like google/yahoo

6. yahoo like search engine

7. Looking for a Yahoo-like search engine/directory

8. Indexing Search Engine like Yahoo!

9. How-To search engine on search engines/mlml

10. need to write www search engine

11. need to write www search engine

12. Who can help me write full-text search engine in Perl with indexing