Help perl5.091.i86.zip
Author Message
 Help perl5.091.i86.zip

Quote:
>I installed perl5, when it was finished there was no Icon
>created so that I could execute this program. What Did I do
>wrong?

NTPerl is a console program so there is no use for a Windows icon for the Perl
interpreter by itself.  Assuming that your installation worked okay, launch a
MS-DOS prompt and type

    perl -e "print 'hello from Perl ', $];"

If your registry is set up as described in the NTPerl installation instuctions,
you can make Program Manager (NT) or Explorer (Win95) icons for Perl script
files.

-- regards, SP

Tue, 21 Apr 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Help perl5.091.i86.zip
Thanks for the help. I am still a bit lost. I've reached the point of
a simple program, using notepad. I was told to save this file as foo.
and then run the program. Well the problem is were do I run this
program.

Picking one of those books Perl for _ _ _ ots.

Never the less, thanks for getting back to me.

Fri, 01 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Help perl5.091.i86.zip
Thanks for the help. I am still a bit lost. I've reached the point of
a simple program, using notepad. I was told to save this file as foo.
and then run the program. Well the problem is were do I run this
program.

Picking one of those books Perl for _ _ _ ots.

Never the less, thanks for getting back to me.

Fri, 01 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Very New and using 110-i86.zip.

2. srand and rand on NTPerl 5.001-1L-091

3. interpolation bug in Perl5.003_07 (Perl for Win32 build 315) - send.zip (0/1)

4. Archive::Zip - Zip contents empty files.

5. archive-zip view contents of zip file

6. Adding more files to a zip using Archive::Zip

7. Module::Zip - load modules from zip archive

8. Archive::Zip - zip contains empty files

9. Zip files in a directory by zipping directory

10. Newbie problem / Possible bug in Perl 5.001l.NT.091 ?

11. Need Oraperl for NT (i86 binary)

12. GD fails in cgi but not cmd line - Solaris i86