New knowledgebase site - looking for authors, articles or tips about Perl
Author Message
 New knowledgebase site - looking for authors, articles or tips about Perl

Hello Everyone,

We are launching a new free knowledgebase website
http://www.*-*-*.com/ .  It will be a place where you can
ask questions and get answers, read articles, tips and tutorials!

We are looking for articles, tips or tutorials on the Perl programming
language.

If you have any articles that you would like to have published
on our site or if you are a first time author and would like the
world to see your technical expertise please visit our site at
http://www.*-*-*.com/ .

Also with any article, tip or tutorial that submit or write for
us you will receive full credit and a link to your homepage.

Any comments or suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

Thank for your interest,

KBaseonline.com

Sun, 14 Dec 2003 19:50:50 GMT
 New knowledgebase site - looking for authors, articles or tips about Perl
On Wed, 27 Jun 2001 04:50:50 -0700, KBaseonline.com

Quote:

> We are looking for articles, tips or tutorials on the Perl programming
> language.

Good luck competing against all the other sites trying to offer similar
services. (And if it's free, I wonder how long you'll stay up, what with
the ad revenues tanking in the past couple of years.)

Cheers,
Philip
--

Yes, that really is my address; no need to remove anything to reply.

Sun, 14 Dec 2003 21:13:34 GMT
 New knowledgebase site - looking for authors, articles or tips about Perl

Quote:

> On Wed, 27 Jun 2001 04:50:50 -0700, KBaseonline.com

> > We are looking for articles, tips or tutorials on the Perl programming
> > language.

> Good luck competing against all the other sites trying to offer similar
> services. (And if it's free, I wonder how long you'll stay up, what with
> the ad revenues tanking in the past couple of years.)

Not only the past couple of years, but the past couple of months have
made it far worse.

This guy showed up in an XML-related NG with almost the same posting,
but he never staid to reply to what people said; so on a "how serious is
this guy"-scale I'd rate him as yet another "fame and lots of money
without actually having to do it myself":er.

        /Tony
--
the truth is dead, faith is gone, reality killed... ruled by the plastic
laws of modern life we're pushed towards the hell of personal doubt,

Mon, 15 Dec 2003 07:15:04 GMT
 New knowledgebase site - looking for authors, articles or tips about Perl
Hello Tony,

Thank you for your reply.  I have been working on the site for the
last couple of days so I haven't had a chance to reply to the
different responses that have been generated by the posting I have
left.

I assure I do not have any funding whatsoever and I have undertaken
the entire project with out of pocket costs.   I am not looking for
fame and glory but rather a place where people can go to read about
the industry and current technology. I have been in the IT industry
for the last 10 years and have been in the trenches with some of the
best developers around but I can only wirte so many article, tips or
tutorials are few categories when I am trying to have a place where
you go can that is vast with information.  So that is why I have been
posting messages to try and obtain some content.

Again, I am not spamming the newsgroups and if it seems that way I am
truly sorry.  I am just trying to get some content to share with other
people that wish to visit the site.

Again thank you very much for your reply.  All comments and responses
are appreciated,

Thank you,

James

Quote:

>> On Wed, 27 Jun 2001 04:50:50 -0700, KBaseonline.com

>> > We are looking for articles, tips or tutorials on the Perl programming
>> > language.

>> Good luck competing against all the other sites trying to offer similar
>> services. (And if it's free, I wonder how long you'll stay up, what with
>> the ad revenues tanking in the past couple of years.)

>Not only the past couple of years, but the past couple of months have
>made it far worse.

>This guy showed up in an XML-related NG with almost the same posting,
>but he never staid to reply to what people said; so on a "how serious is
>this guy"-scale I'd rate him as yet another "fame and lots of money
>without actually having to do it myself":er.

>        /Tony

Tue, 16 Dec 2003 00:58:55 GMT
 New knowledgebase site - looking for authors, articles or tips about Perl

Quote:

> I assure I do not have any funding whatsoever and I have undertaken the
> entire project with out of pocket costs.   I am not looking for fame and
> glory but rather a place where people can go to read about the industry
> and current technology.

There are lots of places like those already available, some that can do
more than you because they have founding and some because they already
have a lot of people doing work for them... Why make it harder for
people to find a single good source of information by competing with
them, when you could, if you wanted to do something, simply create your
own portal?

        /Tony
--
the truth is dead, faith is gone, reality killed... ruled by the plastic
laws of modern life we're pushed towards the hell of personal doubt,
betrayal, hate, lust and {*filter*}... the now has become an illusion, a

Tue, 16 Dec 2003 05:57:03 GMT

1. Looking for programming articles, tips and tricks.

2. New PERL user looking for sites running PERL5 on an NT server with oracle DB

3. Macintosh (MPW) Perl: New Release, New Site

4. Looking for perl programming article writers

5. Looking for tips for writing portable perl

6. New site for free CGI sites.

7. New site for free CGI sites.

8. looking for authors

9. Publisher Looking for co-author