how to setup exit routine using eval
Author Message
 how to setup exit routine using eval

Hi

Does anyone know how to set up an exit routine using eval.
It's explained on page 162 of programming perl, but I don't quite understand
it. I know it can be done using END but I was just curious.

Thanks
Joy

Mon, 15 Dec 2003 14:51:13 GMT
 how to setup exit routine using eval

Quote:

> Does anyone know how to set up an exit routine using eval.

Stick "eval {" at the start start of the script and "};
stuff_to_do_at_end();" and the end.

Quote:
> It's explained on page 162 of programming perl, but I don't quite understand
> it.

Sorry, there is no page 162 in my copy of "Programming Perl".  This probably
has something to do with the fact that it's on CD.

--
     \\   ( )
  .  _\\__[oo

 .  l___\\
  # ll  l\\
 ###LL  LL\\

Wed, 17 Dec 2003 13:52:03 GMT

1. Test for eval() without using eval() ??

2. Forking, Exiting, and Timing out within an Eval

3. eval doesn't catch exit in custom die

4. catching exit() within eval() ???

5. Neutering exit in eval

6. BUG: Debugger loses file/lineno stepping into eval'd routines

7. enviroment variable setup using perl

8. Using PerlMenu.pm - DEL Key exits my application

9. Using exit(nonzero_expression) from Tk

10. using sub routines from another file

11. Need Help using sort routine on flat text data - please

12. Documentation on using DynaLoader @dl_resolve_using routine