opendir() won't work, help!
Author Message
 opendir() won't work, help!

i am using perl for win32, build 110, on nt4/iis2, with *.cgi associated to

perlIS.dll.

what happens is that this code will not work...

opendir(SESSIONDIR, "$auth_session_dir") ||
        &CgiDie("Session Directory Would Not Open\n");

i continually get the cgidie message, preventing further script
testing/development.

$auth_session_dir = "/cgi-local/sessions";
is assigned in a bbs.setup file, which is appropriately required in the
calling
script...

i have aliased my physical cgi-bin files (c:\indg\cgi-bin\) to cgi-local,
and
sessions is at c:\indg\cgi-bin\sessions, aliased to \cgi-local\sessions.

permissions for \cgi-local\sessions are set at rwx for the directory and
files
within (currently no files therein).

i have double-checked the syntax; the code is from a script that's
been/being
used elsewhere successfully (bbs forum from selena sol's script
archive)...i have
even tried specifying the full physical path as opposed to the aliased path
shown
above...

is there something else i should look for?

should i upgrade to a later(beta) build of perl?

is there a way i can have perl print the current working directory for me
at this
point in the script?

i can provide additional code info on request.

thank you for reading this...           :) tom

--
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 07 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 opendir() won't work, help!

You'll probably get better help with Perl for Win32 problems at the mail
list run by Activeware for that product.  They frequently discuss the
peculiarities of perlIS.dll there.

I haven't worked with perlIS.dll, but generally you have to refer to the
real directory name (c:/indg/cgi-bin/sessions) rather than the alias
(/cgi-local/sessions) when trying to manipulate anything in the local file
system from a CGI or ISAPI script.  This is especially true with perlIS.dll
which executes in the server's process space ( Don't even think about
chdir()! ).

   Join:    join Perl-Win32-Users

Archive:    http://www.divinf.it/perl-win32
FAQ:        I've mislaid the URL, but you should be able to find it in the
archive.

I hope this helps.  BTW, they just released build 302 last week.

Mac :})
-----------

> i am using perl for win32, build 110, on nt4/iis2, with *.cgi associated
> to perlIS.dll.
> opendir(SESSIONDIR, "$auth_session_dir") ||
>    &CgiDie("Session Directory Would Not Open\n");
> $auth_session_dir = "/cgi-local/sessions";
> sessions is at c:\indg\cgi-bin\sessions, aliased to \cgi-local\sessions.
> should i upgrade to a later(beta) build of perl?
> --
> http://www.servtech.com/public/tlyczko/resume/

Fri, 11 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. help? my cgi script won't work

2. HELP!...geo::ip module for awstats won't work

3. Help: (Win32, build 306), connect won't work with dial up (unknown error 0x00002751)

4. Can't get opendir working in win32

5. my gif's won't work after copying them

6. opendir() trouble on Win NT?

7. Perl code that won't work with Embperl

8. www- why won't this work?!

9. Majordomo won't work with OSF/1 2.0

10. regex --- why won't this work?

11. ??Redirect Script Won't Work With Win95???

12. Why won't this script work???