Where is TeX Perl release?
Author Message
 Where is TeX Perl release?

the faq says that undump utility comes with the TeX release of
Perl.  Anyone know where this can be found?

Nancy L. Leist
Syntek Systems Corp.
Bethesda, Maryland

Fri, 20 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Where is TeX Perl release?

   the faq says that undump utility comes with the TeX release of
   Perl.  Anyone know where this can be found?

No it doesn't.  It says that undump is part of the TeX distribution.  TeX
is a document formatting "language", along the same ideas as HTML or
something of that nature.  There are a large number of TEX archives
throughout the world.

In any case, forget it.  I've never known anyone who got undump to work
correctly.  If you're looking for a compiler for scripts, check out the FAQ
question 3.5 as to why you want to compile your scripts and then check out
last couple of weeks worth of postings, which have talked in great detail
about the alpha version of the compiler (you might also want to check the
clpa postings).

-spp
--
Stephen P Potter  Pencom Systems Administration  Mobil Global Financial Markets

     Maintainer of <A HREF="http://perl.com/perl/faq/">Perl FAQ List</A>
   "I'm supposed to be their God, and I've broken five of their commandments
   already.  I'd've broken all six, but there aren't any sheep on board."
                -Dave Lister, 3rd technician, Red Dwarf

Tue, 01 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. ANNOUNCE: Font::TFM, TeX::DVI, TeX::Hyphen, all 0.03

2. perl (tex)info files

3. Typesetting perl programs in TeX

4. I need help making Perl 5 manual (.pod->.tex->Postscript)

5. TeX version of the Perl Reference Guide - part 2 of 2

6. TeX version of the Perl Reference Guide - part 1 of 2

7. I need help making Perl 5 manual (.pod->.tex->Postscript)

8. Tex and perl?

9. ANNOUNCE: Inline::Java 0.31 released (major release)

10. My Module: To release or not to release...

11. TeX::DVI::Parse module

12. ANNOUNCE: TeX::DVI, Hyphen and Font::TFM in version 0.04