(mini)perl 5.6.0 crash due to error in configpm
Author Message
 (mini)perl 5.6.0 crash due to error in configpm

Hello,

I'm trying to install Perl 5.6.0 on SCO OSR 5.0.2. It compiles well, but
miniperl crashes when it wants to generate the Config.pm modul by executing
the configpm script.

The configpm script (deliberately) redefines the "import"-function of the
Exporter modul in the new Perl-version (older version didn't). It is at the
very begin of configpm. The crash happens in the line

when configpm executes the line "import Config;". Can anybody explain why ?

I tried to work around the problem by removing the redefinition, configpm
runs through the import, but then I get the error that configpm exits when
checking $Config{'CONFIGDOTSH'}. Apparently, %Config doesn't initialize
correctly in configpm.tmp. I dont know why.

Would appreciate any help.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. perl 5.005: execution aborted due to compilation errors

2. mini-perl not found error.

3. embedded Perl interpreter crashing on Perl syntax error

4. embedded Perl interpreter crashing on Perl syntax error

5. HELP - Embedding Perl in C (crashes on syntax errors and missing/misspelled module names)

6. Problem embedding Perl in C (crashing on syntax errors etc)

7. Win32::ODBC crashes, no Error() given

8. DBM Crashes and momory out errors

9. errors while displaying long string and xserver crash

10. Mini perl versus Perl.

11. ANNOUNCE: Answers to some bothering questions ( Perl + Perl/CGI Mini FAQ )

12. Perl Position Papers due