POP UP window
Author Message
 POP UP window

Quote:
>CGI will not pop-up without JavaScript or some such HTML trick =)

not even using Window-target? :)

--

CGI Meta FAQ <URL: http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;
Comprehensive Perl Archive Network (CPAN) <URL: http://www.*-*-*.com/ >

Thu, 02 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 POP UP window

I have a HTML form. When a user click on the OK button, I would like to
see a POP UP window display. But i do not want the current HTML form to
disappear.

I know In JAVAscript you can use the "alert()" command. But because i am
using cgi , you need the "content-type:text/html".

Please help!!!

Fri, 03 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 POP UP window

Quote:

> I know In JAVAscript you can use the "alert()" command. But because i am
> using cgi , you need the "content-type:text/html".

JavaScript is still the correct path...

The world has not changed just because you're off topic!  =)
The answer lies within JavaScript =)

CGI will not pop-up without JavaScript or some such HTML trick =)

You must unlearn what you have learned,
if you wish to be a Jedi Knight =)
-Sneex-
Bill Jones | FCCJ Webmaster | Voice 1-904-632-3089 | Fax 1-904-632-3007
Florida Community College at Jacksonville | 501 W. State St. | Jax, FL 32202

Fri, 03 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 POP UP window

Quote:

> >CGI will not pop-up without JavaScript or some such HTML trick =)

> not even using Window-target? :)

> --

> CGI Meta FAQ <URL:http://computerdog.com/CGI_MetaFAQ.html>
> Comprehensive Perl Archive Network (CPAN) <URL:http://www.perl.com>
> Perl Mongers T-shirts! <URL:http://www.pm.org/tshirts.html>

Still a HTML-related trick :)
Bill Jones | FCCJ Webmaster | Voice 1-904-632-3089 | Fax 1-904-632-3007
Florida Community College at Jacksonville | 501 W. State St. | Jax, FL 32202

Fri, 03 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 POP UP window

Quote:

> I have a HTML form. When a user click on the OK button, I would like to
> see a POP UP window display. But i do not want the current HTML form to
> disappear.
> I know In JAVAscript you can use the "alert()" command. But because i am
> using cgi , you need the "content-type:text/html".
> Please help!!!

You will have to write a JavaScript wrapper around your submit button
that will submit the form automatically and then pop up the window.

Scott
--
Look at Softbase Systems' client/server tools, www.softbase.com
Check out the Essential 97 package for Windows 95 www.skwc.com/essent

Fri, 03 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Pop Up Window for FormMail

2. ANNOUNCE: Tutorial # 38: A CGI script incorporating a pop-up window

3. perl output to pop-up window

4. pop-up window problem

5. POP up window

6. Pop Up Windows on Several Platforms

7. Button with pop-up window.

8. close pop-up window

9. Widget to pop a window, but NOT wait?

10. Multiple pop up windows of the same type

11. Is PERL the way to create a pop-up window ?

12. new window pop up via button