Problem: Installing Modules with CPAN.pm
Author Message
 Problem: Installing Modules with CPAN.pm

If I am using Activestate Perl build 515 (Windows 98), and I am interested
in installing the WWW::Search module . I tried installing it thru PPM but
they dont have it in their repository.

I am now trying to use the CPAN.pm module to achieve the same. I manually
set up the CPAN while installing, and am trying to install the WWW::Search
module but I get the following error:

_____________________

  CPAN.pm: Going to build JOHNH/WWW-Search-1.023.tar.gz

The Unsupported function alarm function is unimplemented at
C:\PERL\lib/CPAN.pm
line 3394.
__________________

Could this be because I am running on a windows 98 machine?

Please help!
Thanks
Vic

Wed, 10 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. can't install CPAN.pm from CPAN.pm

2. installing CPAN.pm with CPAN.pm

3. module install problems with cpan module and gcc?

4. CPAN.pm: version of installed module not updated?

5. CPAN.pm: version of installed module not updated?

6. Cannot install modules with CPAN.pm

7. a documentation of all installed modules (perl/lib) by means of CPAN.pm and manpages

8. CPAN.pm install Bundle::CPAN -- Couldn't find a Bundle file

9. installing mdules with CPAN.pm on WinXP problems

10. CPAN module install problems

11. Problem installing CPAN modules

12. Help Installing Modules (CPAN) problems