Getting one byte at a time
Author Message
 Getting one byte at a time

I have string which may or may not contain multi-byte chars.
I want to extract one byte at a time and check the byte(s) against
some bit masks.

Is there a way to do it?
substringing one char does not work.

Regards
Srikanth

Fri, 04 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Getting one byte at a time

Quote:

> I have string which may or may not contain multi-byte chars.
> I want to extract one byte at a time and check the byte(s) against
> some bit masks.

> Is there a way to do it?
> substringing one char does not work.

> Regards
> Srikanth

a little portion of your code and data sample will be very helpful here.

-tk

Fri, 04 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Getting a script output one line at a time before the script ends executing

2. Challenge: turn one word into another one letter at a time

3. Getting UTC of a particular calendar time in some time zone

4. printing 2 character hex as one byte binary?

5. Getting Traffic Size in Bytes from W3C Extended Format Log

6. Net::FTP - getting only the first x bytes of a file

7. uploading but getting 0 bytes

8. Getting next byte of scalar

9. convert network byte order to host byte order

10. GET, but starting at byte 5000, and just get 2000 byte

11. bytes read != bytes written?

12. (Q) Reading a binary file byte-by-byte