Using fcntl in perl
Author Message
 Using fcntl in perl

Hello,

I am new to this newsgroup.  I would like to know how use the function
"fcntl()" to lock a file for writing.   Also, please tell me what do I
pass into the third parameter of "fcntl()"?

Thanks.

Chien

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Using fcntl in perl

<URL::">
() Hello,
()
() I am new to this newsgroup.  I would like to know how use the function
() "fcntl()" to lock a file for writing.   Also, please tell me what do I
() pass into the third parameter of "fcntl()"?

That question cannot be answered. 'fcntl' gives you access to your
systems 'fcntl'. So, see your systems manpage about 'fcntl'.

If you want to lock files the Perl way instead of your systems way,
use flock.

Abigail
--
perl -Mstrict -we '$_ = "goto X.print chop;\n=rekcaH lreP rehtona tsuJ";X1:eval'

[...]

1. Checking for open files using fcntl: flock in Solaris

2. Has anyone used Fcntl to handle file locking?

3. Req for example: file lock using fcntl

4. Help with using fcntl file locking

5. File locking using Fcntl

6. Piddly runtime error using DB_File and Fcntl

7. Nee file lock example using fcntl

8. Using fcntl for locking

9. Using flock() or fcntl() as an arbiter

10. Need example of file locking using fcntl

11. Flock on solaris using fcntl

12. using fcntl for flock under SYS V