Tex and perl?
Author Message
 Tex and perl?

I am looking for some advice with using perl to generate reports by
creating TeX tabular reports.  I have gotten the perl data collection
part of the program working and wish to know if someone has done any
TeX tabular report generating with perl?

I noticed that a TeX module is under development, but wanted to know
if anyone else has done such a thing and could share some wisdom.  I
am new to TeX, but a descent Perl programmer.  Currently my print
routine looks like:

sub printLibrary {
  print "Cellname  ";

    print "$_  ";
  }
  foreach $cellname (sort keys %{ $library{$libName}}) {
    print "\n$cellname  ";
    foreach $attrib (sort keys %{ $library{$libName}{$cellname} }) {
      if ($attrib eq "schematic" || $attrib eq "layout") {
        foreach (sort $library{$libName}{$cellname}{$attrib}) {

        }
      }
      else {
        print "$library{$libName}{$cellname}{$attrib}  ";
      }
    }
  }
  print "\n";

Quote:
}

and I would like to be able to modify it create a TeX table.  Could
formats be used to create the headers, enders and each entry in the
table?  It looked as if they may be useful, but I don't know.

thanks,

Mon, 21 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. ANNOUNCE: Font::TFM, TeX::DVI, TeX::Hyphen, all 0.03

2. perl (tex)info files

3. Typesetting perl programs in TeX

4. I need help making Perl 5 manual (.pod->.tex->Postscript)

5. TeX version of the Perl Reference Guide - part 2 of 2

6. TeX version of the Perl Reference Guide - part 1 of 2

7. I need help making Perl 5 manual (.pod->.tex->Postscript)

8. Where is TeX Perl release?

9. TeX::DVI::Parse module

10. ANNOUNCE: TeX::DVI, Hyphen and Font::TFM in version 0.04

11. Building TeX::Kpathsea modules

12. Matching \if (possibly nested) and \fi from tex file