Procmail?
Author Message
 Procmail?

Hi,

I would like to execute a perl program in response to an email based on
the facts that it is
from 'Nobody' and the subject line contains 'register'.  I am pretty
sure that procmail should
help me with this, but I just don't know the precise details.

If some one could tell me precisely what setup is required in terms of
the .forward file, and
the rule(s) definition, that would be much appreciated.

TIA,
Naran Hirani

Wed, 15 Sep 2004 18:22:28 GMT
 Procmail?

Quote:

> Hi,

> I would like to execute a perl program in response to an email based on
> the facts that it is
> from 'Nobody' and the subject line contains 'register'.  I am pretty
> sure that procmail should
> help me with this, but I just don't know the precise details.

> If some one could tell me precisely what setup is required in terms of
> the .forward file, and
> the rule(s) definition, that would be much appreciated.

did you ever try to read the procmail-documentation ?

or maybe an anti-spam software might help you.

and this is no perl-question either !!

and anyone is stupid that will help you here.

and the procmailrules would look like

:0
* ^From.*Nobody
* ^Subject:.*register
| /mypath/myperlscript.pl

You dont need .forward in that case, but just fill the above in your
.procmailrc. If you dont have such a file or it does not work: please dont
ask here again.

best,
peter

;)

--
peter pilsl

http://www.goldfisch.at

Wed, 15 Sep 2004 19:31:27 GMT
 Procmail?

Quote:

>I would like to execute a perl program in response to an email based on
>the facts that it is
>from 'Nobody' and the subject line contains 'register'.
>If some one could tell me precisely what setup is required in terms of
>the .forward file, and
>the rule(s) definition, that would be much appreciated.

But that (how to setup procmail) would also be off-topic here.

Questions about Perl are on-topic here.

I filter my email with this Perl module:

   http://search.cpan.org/search?dist=Mail-Audit

    Fort Worth, Texas

Wed, 15 Sep 2004 19:49:06 GMT
 Procmail?
Ooops, I appear to have ruffled a few feathers :-) for which I am truly
sorry.

It was not my intention to anger or inconvenience any body.  It is just
that I came
across procmail in relation to its use with the execution of perl code.  I
put 2 and 2 together
and came up with 5 :-)

Apologies once again, I shall take this discussion elsewhere.

Naran

Quote:

> Hi,

> I would like to execute a perl program in response to an email based on
> the facts that it is
> from 'Nobody' and the subject line contains 'register'.  I am pretty
> sure that procmail should
> help me with this, but I just don't know the precise details.

> If some one could tell me precisely what setup is required in terms of
> the .forward file, and
> the rule(s) definition, that would be much appreciated.

> TIA,
> Naran Hirani

Wed, 15 Sep 2004 21:43:29 GMT

1. procmail-invoked perl

2. Perl & Procmail Interface Scripting

3. Procmail - domain forwarding

4. taint checks, AIX 3.2.5, procmail and deep frustration

5. problems calling procmail

6. procmail-ish mail handler in perl?

7. perlmail vs procmail

8. proposal: perl/mta/procmail mail-masquerading

9. Procmail Help

10. ANNOUNCE: Mail::Procmail 1.00 is released

11. newbie perl procmail ?

12. PROCMAIL + Perl - email filtering and autoresponse