Generate second child after a while
Author Message
 Generate second child after a while

I am developing a multiple process application. There are totally two
children generated. The requirement is the child#1 start immediately
after program run. But the child#2 starts after a period of time like
1 minute after the first child starts. Which command I should use to
ask Child#2 wait for 1 minute? I have tried ask it to sleep, but seems
it doesn't work.
Thanks.

Jessie

Wed, 23 Nov 2005 00:18:03 GMT
 Generate second child after a while

Quote:

> I am developing a multiple process application. There are totally two
> children generated. The requirement is the child#1 start immediately
> after program run. But the child#2 starts after a period of time like
> 1 minute after the first child starts. Which command I should use to
> ask Child#2 wait for 1 minute? I have tried ask it to sleep, but seems
> it doesn't work.

Show us the code you got (reduced to a minimal script that still shows the
problem).
There is no obvious reason why sleep() should not work.

jue

Wed, 23 Nov 2005 02:43:48 GMT

1. exiting child generates "zombie"

2. Pat space doesn't change in nested whiles

3. Coverting a number of seconds to days:hours:minutes:seconds

4. Signals and parent/child/child processes

5. Monitoring multiple child process's children ?

6. killing a child and its children

7. strip all but second second line from bottom and then strip that!!!!

8. I print localtime and get seconds. Great! But in my script, seconds convert to DMDTY

9. Yet Another Perl Conference 2001 - Registration/Second CFP

10. RFC: Second German Perl-Workshop 2000

11. milli-second and html file on remote server

12. waiting for a few seconds