NT login script to query group membership....
Author Message
 NT login script to query group membership....

Hi folks,

I need to change  my login script so drives are mapped  according to what
groups a user belongs to.  The NT resource kit has some utilities that will
take care of this for me, but they don't work for Win95 users.  Is there way I
can get this info into my login script?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Cheers,

Mark

Sat, 09 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 NT login script to query group membership....

Quote:
> I need to change  my login script so drives are mapped  according to
> what groups a user belongs to.  The NT resource kit has some
> utilities that will take care of this for me, but they don't work
> for Win95 users.  Is there way I can get this info into my login
> script?

And your perl question is?

You should probably ask this on a Microsoft specific group. I don't
think Win95 has a concept of groups, so your question may be
meaningless, but again, ask in a MS specific group to find out.

Martien
--
Martien Verbruggen                  |
Webmaster www.tradingpost.com.au    | Begin at the beginning and go on till

Sat, 09 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 NT login script to query group membership....
There's a little MS program called INGROUP.EXE which will indicate (via
its exit code) group membership.  You may have trouble getting the exit
code from perl, however, so you might need to put INGROUP into a batch
file that creates a flag file.  This turns the exit code test into a
file existence test, for which you can use perl's -e operator.

--
Jaime Metcher

P.S. Martien, if Mark gets this to fly, every desktop on his network
will have the word "perl" displayed on it for the duration of the logon
script.  I think this should be encouraged, don't you?

Quote:

> Hi folks,

> I need to change  my login script so drives are mapped  according to what
> groups a user belongs to.  The NT resource kit has some utilities that will
> take care of this for me, but they don't work for Win95 users.  Is there way I
> can get this info into my login script?

> Thanks for any suggestions.

> Cheers,

> Mark

Sun, 10 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Module to check novell group membership?

2. Perl NT login scripts help...

3. Newbie question: Creating a NT login script in Perl

4. Perl in NT login script

5. Using PERL for NT Login Script

6. Running NT Login Script over Slow RAS

7. newbie question: membership script w/ credit card verification

8. win32: Querying groups from DC

9. Bot for this group to auto-answer queries?

10. Sybperl & group by query

11. Implementing 'GROUP BY' in DB queries

12. Keeping groups, groups and groups straight