Resizing hashes
Author Message
 Resizing hashes

Does anybody know how resizing ( like removing parts of the value of
some keys etc)  of a hash stored on disc affects the size? Does the
filesize of the file stay the same or does it shrink too? I use the
Berkley DB-package.

Thanks!

Thomas Weholt

Fri, 30 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Resizing hashes

Quote:

> Does anybody know how resizing ( like removing parts of the value of
> some keys etc)  of a hash stored on disc affects the size?

Depends upon how it's implemented. So you should probably check out the
source code.

Quote:
> Does the filesize of the file stay the same or does it shrink too?

What happened when you tried it? :-)

You should be aware that many database files (on Unix systems, at least)
may have "holes" which take up no real disk space.

Cheers!

Sat, 01 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. resizing label resizes parent

2. Hashes of Hashes of Hashes of Hashes....

3. URGENT: Hash in Hash, Array in Array, Array in Hash, Hash in Array

4. accessing hashes of hashes of hashes

5. Difference/intersection of hash of hashes of hashes ...

6. question regarding hash hash hash of array

7. hash of values and array of hashes of values and array of hashes

8. sorting hash of hashes of hashes

9. Copy a hash of hashes of hashes

10. Hash of Hash of Hash

11. Help with perl hashes of hashes and arrays of hashes etc

12. Hash Of Hashes vs. Hash With Split