win32 module compile then move to another machine?
Author Message
 win32 module compile then move to another machine?

I have VC++ installed on a Windows2000 machine.  With it I can compile
and install modules.  Can I move these "compiled" modules to a Windows
NT machine?  If so How?

john

Tue, 18 May 2004 22:06:42 GMT
 win32 module compile then move to another machine?

Quote:
> I have VC++ installed on a Windows2000 machine.  With it I can compile
> and install modules.  Can I move these "compiled" modules to a Windows
> NT machine?  If so How?

Probably the easiest way is to make up a ppm package, as described
on ActiveState's site. If these aren't ActivePerl binaries, the
PPM module is available on CPAN.

best regards,
randy kobes

Wed, 19 May 2004 06:05:59 GMT

1. Compiling a module with C code on a NT Machine

2. Moving installations across machines

3. Compile and install CPAN modules on win32

4. Help in compiling modules for Win32

5. compile modules on win32 (xsubpp broke)

6. compiling modules on win32

7. Sybperl 2.x static compile move question

8. PERL 5.001 --unable to compile on a SVR4 machine

9. Problems in compiling DBD::Oracle on my machine

10. Compiling perl-5.003 on a SCO 3.2 ODT 5 machine

11. mv, move, or some way to move files in perl

12. mv, move, or some way to move files in perl