Running a VT100 perl script in Windows 95
Author Message
 Running a VT100 perl script in Windows 95

A friend has given me a perl script which he uses on his UNIX box.  I can get
it to run on my Windows 95 machine, but the output is VT100 cursor movement
strings.  The strings are just in a couple of modules and I can easiky
substitute
other cursor movent strings.  Can someone tell me where I could find cursor
movement strings for the MS-DOS window?

Thanks very much.

Mon, 04 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Running a VT100 perl script in Windows 95

Quote:
> Can someone tell me where I could find cursor
> movement strings for the MS-DOS window?

I think you're looking for documentation, rather than the strings
themselves. Perhaps the docs, FAQs, and newsgroups about MS-DOS could be
of some help to you. I'm not sure why you asked in a newsgroup about Perl,
though, since those strings are the same no matter what language you're
using. You're giving us Phoenixes a bad name. :-)  Hope this helps!

Tue, 05 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Running a VT100 perl script in Windows 95

+AD4-
+AD4APg- Can someone tell me where I could find cursor
+AD4APg- movement strings for the MS-DOS window?
+AD4-
+AD4-I think you're looking for documentation, rather than the strings
+AD4-themselves. Perhaps the docs, FAQs, and newsgroups about MS-DOS could be

Tom's right, not exactly a Perl question. But the DOS console has no cursor
control strings. It can use a driver such as ANSI.SYS (which would work with
the VT100
strings which are basically ANSI) to interpret currsor control strings.
ANSI.SYS is included in any recent version of PCDOS or MSDOS, including
MSDOS 7.0 (aka
Windows 95...).

It's in c:+AFw-windows+AFw-command by default, and can be selectively loaded into
some DOS sesions and not others. For info on tis go to a DOS or Windows or
general MS
newsgroup.

+AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQ-
Chris Stith
Asst. Network Administrator
DataStream Networks, Inc.
chris+AEA-nemonet.com
+ACI-Every program should do as much as is necessary, but much less
than what is possible.+ACI- -- Anonymous

Tue, 05 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Test running PERL script in Windows 95

2. Running a perl script on Windows 95

3. Running a perl script in the background on Windows(95/NT)

4. Perl on Apache 1.3.3 running on Windows 95/NT

5. How to run perl in Windows 95?

6. Eat my dust - Perl running on Windows 95

7. Problem running system commands from Win32 perl under Windows 95

8. Can multiple processes be run under windows 95

9. Windows 95 (HIP) I can't get debugger to run

10. make ftp on perl script with windows 95/NT

11. how to call perl script in Windows 95

12. Perl and Windows 95 Login Scripts?