Perl GUI for Windows (3.1/NT/95)
Author Message
 Perl GUI for Windows (3.1/NT/95)

I know of tkperl (or is it perlTK) that can do dialog boxes for the
X-Window System, but is there an equivalent that can do dialog boxes
and other window-ey type stuff for any of the Microsoft Windows
systems?  I have a bunch of Perl stuff that I would like to implement
in a Windows environment with possible porting back to Unix.

As a related question, is there a version of Perl5 that will run on
DOS that is roughly the same version as the current Unix version?
--
Jim Anderson                    (612) 782-0456

3800 Apache Lane NE             Lucifer designed MS-DOS to try men's souls.
St Anthony, MN  55421

Tue, 17 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Perl GUI for Windows (3.1/NT/95)

Quote:

> I know of tkperl (or is it perlTK) that can do dialog boxes for the
> X-Window System, but is there an equivalent that can do dialog boxes
> and other window-ey type stuff for any of the Microsoft Windows
> systems?  I have a bunch of Perl stuff that I would like to implement
> in a Windows environment with possible porting back to Unix.

Funny that you should ask. I have been playing around with such a beast.
Granted, I have little time to devote to this but I have a .PLL that
gives very rudimentary dialogs (the common Win32 dialogs such
as "Abort, Retry, Fail", "Yes, No, Cancel", etc ).

Let me know if you may be interested. I hope to eventually add on
user defined dialogs (gosh, wouldn't it be nice to be able to use
some of those VBA dialog add-ons???). :)

Thu, 19 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Where can I get Perl for Windows NT or Windows 95

2. GUI Perl Software for Windows 95???

3. PERL GUI Handlers for Winblows 95/98/NT ...

4. PERL GUI Handlers for Winblows 95/98/NT ...

5. perl for windows NT v 3.1 and 3.5

6. Perl for Windows NT 3.5 or 3.1

7. Relational database for Windows/Windows 95/NT

8. GUIs in NT/95

9. Perl v4 for Windows 95/NT and 32bit DOS

10. Perl v4 for Windows 95/NT 32bit DOS

11. Perl on Apache 1.3.3 running on Windows 95/NT

12. PERL for windows 95/NT