Web page generator
Author Message
 Web page generator

Here's the situation.  My site is getting set to launch a new design.
We'd like to have something on the front page that would show events
that are happening today that would be updated automatically.  SSI is
not an option, as is mod_perl and anything using python (Zope, HTMLGen).

Is there a program that does this?  I'm prepared to write this myself,
but if someone has made it already I'd rather give that a try.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sun, 06 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Web page generator

Quote:

> Here's the situation.  My site is getting set to launch a new design.
> We'd like to have something on the front page that would show events
> that are happening today that would be updated automatically.  SSI is
> not an option, as is mod_perl and anything using python (Zope, HTMLGen).

> Is there a program that does this?  I'm prepared to write this myself,
> but if someone has made it already I'd rather give that a try.

What does this have to do with perl?  Perhaps you should ask in a newsgroup
that deals with your webserver (which you didn't bother to tell us what it
is).

Kent

Sun, 06 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Web page generator
If you want to have something similar to ASP, I find Text::Template
a very simple and powerful package to use. For example, something
like:

blah, blah...
blah, blah...
<perlx>
        get_new_events_html()
</perlx>

where get_new_events_html() is your Perl script to generate the
HTML snippets.

It can be fancier if you want.

ZQX

Quote:

>Here's the situation.  My site is getting set to launch a new design.
>We'd like to have something on the front page that would show events
>that are happening today that would be updated automatically.  SSI is
>not an option, as is mod_perl and anything using python (Zope, HTMLGen).

>Is there a program that does this?  I'm prepared to write this myself,
>but if someone has made it already I'd rather give that a try.

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Sun, 06 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Web page generator

MCMXCIII in <URL::">
__ Here's the situation.  My site is getting set to launch a new design.
__ We'd like to have something on the front page that would show events
__ that are happening today that would be updated automatically.  SSI is
__ not an option, as is mod_perl and anything using python (Zope, HTMLGen).
__
__ Is there a program that does this?  I'm prepared to write this myself,
__ but if someone has made it already I'd rather give that a try.

And your Perl question is?

Anyway, there's are gazillions of "{*filter*}"s out there, that all show
the events that are happening today. It shouldn't be too hard to find
a program that puts the images of the camera in the appropriate directory.

Abigail
--
sub _'_{$_'_=~s/$a/$_/}map{$$_=$Z++}Y,a..z,A..X;*{($_::_=sprintf+q=%X==>"$A$Y".
"$b$r$T$u")=~s~0~O~g;map+_::_,U=>T=>L=>$Z;$_::_}=*_;sub _{print+/.*::(.*)/s}

Tue, 08 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Pub needs automated web page generator program

2. Making a new web page out of an existing page

3. Does a code generator for web databases exist ?

4. QNDstat, a simple Web stats generator

5. Web PG Generator

6. ANNOUNCE: WebMagick Image Web Generator

7. QNDstat, a simple Web stats generator

8. Perl Programs Serving Web Pages

9. Readers and writers on web pages

10. Printing graphics in actual size on a web page

11. MS Access database / Web page forms

12. Module for parsing STDIN from a web page