Why use strict?
Author Message
 Why use strict?

I'm trying to convince a friend that using the 'use strict' directive is
a good idea. It forces the coder to scope variables to a specific block
making debugging easier and warning of unsafe variable declarations.

Both are good things and enough for me to adopt the practice.

What are some other good reasons I can use in my argument?

Brian Wilson
HP Corvallis

Mon, 19 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Why, why, why, -w and use strict?

2. use strict: why?

3. works without strict but not with why ????

4. why not use(strict)?

5. why does strict not warn about shaddowing declarations ?

6. Using Getopt::Long with use strict?

7. Using strict with do and a config file

8. Using File::Find with 'use strict'

9. subroutine ref makes a script hang using strict

10. Reading configuration files using strict

11. using strict and warnings