Accessing Unix SOAP::Lite Services from MS SOAP Toolkit
Author Message
 Accessing Unix SOAP::Lite Services from MS SOAP Toolkit

All,

I want to consume a service implemented on a Unix box using
Perl/SOAP::Lite.

The MS SOAP toolkit initialization method seems to require a WSDL
file.  What is the current "best practice" for generating WSDL in the
SOAP::Lite world?

Or am I crazy in thinking that I need to generate a WSDL file for this
to work?

Any help appreciated; replies via e-mail and on list would be great.

Regards,
Dave

Sun, 29 Aug 2004 17:27:50 GMT
 Accessing Unix SOAP::Lite Services from MS SOAP Toolkit

Quote:

> I want to consume a service implemented on a Unix box using
> Perl/SOAP::Lite.

There's a specific mailing list for SOAP::Lite queries, which may help
you better (YMMV). It's at http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/soaplite,
and there's a searchable archive available there too.

Quote:
> The MS SOAP toolkit initialization method seems to require a WSDL
> file.  What is the current "best practice" for generating WSDL in the
> SOAP::Lite world?

WSDL::Generator is one semi-automated solution that may help. I don't
know of others (save building a wsdl file by hand).

Chris

Sun, 29 Aug 2004 18:40:17 GMT

1. SOAP in Apache with SOAP::Lite

2. SOAP in Apache with SOAP::Lite

3. How to suppress methodName element in soap:Body of envelope with SOAP::Lite

4. SOAP::Lite -- calling Perl services from other languages.

5. SOAP::Lite and .Net Web Service

6. using SOAP::Lite to call other services.

7. Has Any one used Perl Soap lite client to access Windows Server

8. SOAP::WSDL, wsdl2perl and soap 1.2

9. over-riding values using SOAP::Lite WSDL support

10. SOAP::Lite

11. SOAP:Lite question

12. SOAP::Lite and boolean result types