HTML AnChoring Text Pattern
Author Message
 HTML AnChoring Text Pattern

Hi Everybody,

I am in process of Converting the HTML Anchoring Text
(i.e www.testing.com, http.testing2.com, www.testing.gov etc)
to <B>www.testing.com</B> etc.

Now, I am really like to match all the HTML Web Anchoring
Patterns...everytime, after my conversion...i getting some
new patterns.

I am really like to know, is there is any generic Perl Script which
will take all the pattern of the HTML Anchoring Text or is
there is any module availeble for this one.

Any help ....!!!

regards,
Govindaraj M.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 HTML AnChoring Text Pattern
You really should go to http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/
and download the HTML 4.0 Specification from the list of available formats
there.

I used:
'A zip file containing HTML documents (this is a '.zip' file not an '.exe'):
http://www.w3.org/TR/1998/REC-html40-19980424/html40.zip (389Kb), '

since:
'A gzip'ed tar file containing HTML documents:
http://www.w3.org/TR/1998/REC-html40-19980424/html40.tgz (357Kb), '
did not download properly. It was 1.7Mb before expansion.

Uncompress it.

Then you can search for 'anchor' and you'll find things like:
'12.1.1 Visiting a linked resource'
in the file called (on my system):
file:///C:/My%20Documents/HTML4.0/struct/links.html#didx-anchor

On your system it will be called '<something>/struct/links.html#didx-anchor'

Now, what was your question about anchors?
--
Cheers
Ron & Pen Savage

http://savage.net.au/index.html

[snip]

Quote:
> I am in process of Converting the HTML Anchoring Text
> (i.e www.testing.com, http.testing2.com, www.testing.gov etc)
> to <B>www.testing.com</B> etc.

> Now, I am really like to match all the HTML Web Anchoring
> Patterns...everytime, after my conversion...i getting some
> new patterns.

> I am really like to know, is there is any generic Perl Script which
> will take all the pattern of the HTML Anchoring Text or is
> there is any module availeble for this one.

[snip]

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Need help substituting text except when in an HTML anchor

2. bug in anchored, multiline pattern match

3. Can I change the word boundary anchoring pattern?

4. question regarding perl pattern match anchor

5. Pattern Matching Question: stripping html from text

6. Formatted Text or HTML Within Text Widget

7. using HTML::TokeParser->get_token to get plain text from HTML

8. RTF to HTML, RTF to Text, HTML to RTF conversion

9. detect text segment and HTML::Element in HTML::TreeBuilder

10. How do I use html name anchor tag when html generated by perl?

11. Text::MetaText Diffs for undef Pattern Matching

12. Searching for a pattern in a text files