Detecting string containing no printing chars ?
Author Message
 Detecting string containing no printing chars ?

Quote:

>Hi,

> I have a perl script that returns the records from a file that contains
> a certain string. Now any fields that do not contain any printing characters
> or are of zero length should be replaced with ' '.

If I was you I'd get some test data and write a short perl program as a test bed
for it. Try something out and see what happens. This is quite a basic question -
try harder. Post some code!

Good luck.

--

Alastair

Tue, 17 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. convert a Perl AV* (containing strings) to a C char**

2. reading char by char in a string

3. Char position of 1st non-word char in a string

4. Appending char to strings by char

5. finding files containing string x but not string y

6. Regexp containing plus-chars won't work?!?!?

7. how to define alphanumeric (words containing non-ASCII chars)

8. split a string not only by a single char but also by a string

9. Newbie: sprintf ('%-20s', 48 char string) returns 48 not 20 length string

10. Opening and printing textfiles containing variables

11. Print output contains extra characters

12. If line contain words, print to file?