Running Two Scripts at Once
Author Message
 Running Two Scripts at Once

        Can this be done?  I have a HTML form that when submitted, I
want to split the browser window into two frames and run a perl script
that will display data in each frame.  Any ideas or hints???

Thanks

Ken

Sat, 08 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Running Two Scripts at Once

Quote:

>    Can this be done?  I have a HTML form that when submitted, I
> want to split the browser window into two frames and run a perl script
> that will display data in each frame.  Any ideas or hints???

While I'm no expert, wouldn't it be easier to output the HTML to create
the two pages wanted to local disk e.g /temp/pageone & /temp/pagetwo
(I'm assuming these are accessible by the web daemon).

Then you could use a simple HTML page to create the frames e.g. below:-

<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Title</TITLE></HEAD>

   <FRAMESET COLS="20%,*" border=no>
      <FRAME SRC="/temp/pageone.html" NAME="ONE">
      <FRAME SRC="/temp/pagetwo.html" NAME="TWO">
      </FRAMESET>
</HTML>

Or something along those lines, of course you would need to remove the
temp pages after a time, assuming that as they are created dynamically
the content changes.

Please note I'm no HTML expert as I'm a pharmacist but that's how I'd do
it on my intranet web server.

HTH

Richard
--
Richard Eyles
Computer Services Pharmacist

Sun, 09 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Running Two Scripts at Once

Quote:
>        Can this be done?  I have a HTML form that when submitted, I
>want to split the browser window into two frames and run a perl script
>that will display data in each frame.  Any ideas or hints???

see the CGI Meta FAQ to find out that you can't target two separate
frames in one HTTP response.

and, as this is perl independent, you might want to take further
discussion to comp.infosystems.www.authoring.cgi

good luck :)

--

CGI Meta FAQ <URL:http://computerdog.com/CGI_MetaFAQ.html>
Comprehensive Perl Archive Network (CPAN) <URL:http://www.perl.com>

Sun, 09 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Running Two Scripts at Once

Quote:

>         Can this be done?  I have a HTML form that when submitted, I
> want to split the browser window into two frames and run a perl script
> that will display data in each frame.  Any ideas or hints???

> Thanks

> Ken

Have the first script just output an html file that points to two other
scripts as follows:

<frame
src="http://www.yourdomain.com/cgi-bin/script1.cgi?key1=value1&key2=value2">
<frame
src="http://www.yourdomain.com/cgi-bin/script2.cgi?key1=value1&key2=value2">

Hope this helps,

-joel shellman
TaoTree, Inc.
http://www.tou.com/

Sun, 09 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Two scripts at once?

2. Releasing my browser once i have run a script using WIN32 PERL

3. Working with two streams at once: ack pth!

4. Matching two patterns at once

5. Doing two tasks at once

6. File I/O: want to compare two or more lines @ once

7. Sending results to two frames at once

8. Perl to two Frames at once?

9. Two Text files at once?

10. programs only run to completion once

11. How to run automatically every two day.

12. Two pipes and only one runs, why?