http header for prompting Mac IE 5 downloading
Author Message
 http header for prompting Mac IE 5 downloading

I am currently doing a project that allows the client to download
files from a site.   So basically I return the content of the file
with the following HTTP header:

It worked fine for both IE and Netscape on Windows, and Netscape
for Mac, but I just can't get IE5 for Mac to work with this piece
of code..  I have tried so many variations to the header, but
nothing worked.

I would appreciate any help that I can get!

Wed, 07 Apr 2004 23:04:23 GMT
 http header for prompting Mac IE 5 downloading

Quote:
>> On 20 Oct 2001 15:04:23 -0700,

> I am currently doing a project that allows the client to
> download files from a site.  So basically I return the
> content of the file with the following HTTP header:
> It worked fine for both IE and Netscape on Windows, and
> Netscape for Mac, but I just can't get IE5 for Mac to
> work with this piece of code..  I have tried so many
> variations to the header, but nothing worked.
> I would appreciate any help that I can get!

Try a newsgroup that is relevant to your problem?
E.g. one with www in its name.

--
Oh!  I've said too much.  Smithers, use the amnesia ray.

Wed, 07 Apr 2004 23:15:27 GMT
 http header for prompting Mac IE 5 downloading

Quote:

> I am currently doing a project that allows the client to download
> files from a site.   So basically I return the content of the file
> with the following HTTP header:

> It worked fine for both IE and Netscape on Windows, and Netscape
> for Mac, but I just can't get IE5 for Mac to work with this piece
> of code..  I have tried so many variations to the header, but
> nothing worked.

> I would appreciate any help that I can get!

"Mu."

--
Joe Schaefer          "Verbosity leads to unclear, inarticulate things."
                                               -- Dan Quayle

Wed, 07 Apr 2004 23:21:10 GMT

1. http header problem for Mac IE5

2. HTTP::Headers - getting request headers

3. HTTP::Header: adding a header

4. HTTP::Response: Getting the HTTP header

5. IE problem when download from a cgi script

6. browser prompts to download

7. Help with headers in IE??

8. IE 4.01 and flush to STDOUT or nonparsed Headers

9. MS IIS and perl syntax errors causing download prompt

10. (repy here)Rookie, How do I: Prompt browser to download html file as plain

11. syntax error in cgi script under IIS causes download prompt

12. Microsoft Client IE 4 vs Netscape HTTP Server