Help: problem with ftp.pl and chat2.pl
Author Message
 Help: problem with ftp.pl and chat2.pl

On a Solaris 2.5 sys I am trying to run a automatic ftp script.  It uses
"require "ftp.pl" which in turn makes a call to chat2.pl.   One of the
manuals mentioned a problem with chat2.pl and System5.  The script dies
immediately after its request to resolve dns name of the target ftp
site. It never even attempts to make a tcp ftp call.  Yes, I don't have
a clue why.  Help anyone, please?  Thanks

Wes Ramirez

Sun, 09 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Help: problem with ftp.pl and chat2.pl

Quote:

> On a Solaris 2.5 sys I am trying to run a automatic ftp script.  It
> uses
> "require "ftp.pl" which in turn makes a call to chat2.pl.   One of the

> manuals mentioned a problem with chat2.pl and System5.  The script
> dies
> immediately after its request to resolve dns name of the target ftp
> site. It never even attempts to make a tcp ftp call.  Yes, I don't
> have
> a clue why.  Help anyone, please?  Thanks

> Wes Ramirez

Have you tried lchat.pl (modified version of chat2.pl)? Also makesure
your ftp.pl has a - require "sys/socket.ph" instead of "sys/socket.h".
You can use h2ph utility to do this conversion.

Prasad

Sat, 15 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. help with ftp.pl/chat2.pl

2. Chat2.pl, ftp.pl, etc

3. socket.ph, ftp.pl and chat2.pl error found for Solaris and Irix

4. IBM AIX (SP/2) - CHAT2.PL <- FTP.PL <- perl5.0 Code

5. chat2.pl, hget.pl and socket.ph problems

6. hget.pl, chat2.pl and socket.ph problems

7. chat.pl & chat2.pl

8. More fun with chat2.pl and select.pl

9. ANNOUNCE:chat3-a1.pl is chat2.pl + logging facilities

10. ANNOUNCE: Comm.pl, a new expect/chat2.pl pkg, Beta1

11. Best ftp wrapper for chat2.pl?

12. win32 ftp'put problem with ftp.pl