Problem to read DOS directory from SCO UNIX 
Author Message
 Problem to read DOS directory from SCO UNIX

#!/usr/bin/perl

use File::Copy;
my  $my_dir = "C:/";chdir($my_dir) || die "Can't change directory! $!";

Quote:
>From SCO Unix I want to read DOS directory and I can't do it.

Ansqer is 'No such file or directory'

I read FAQ but didn't find answer

If anybody can help ,please

Boris



Sat, 24 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Problem to read DOS directory from SCO UNIX

Quote:

>#!/usr/bin/perl

>use File::Copy;
>my  $my_dir = "C:/";chdir($my_dir) || die "Can't change directory! $!";

>>From SCO Unix I want to read DOS directory and I can't do it.
>Ansqer is 'No such file or directory'

Do an 'ls -al' in the directory containing the script, and if you do not
see a directory called 'C:' then consider that error statement true.  
Whether you can use mount (see 'man mount') to actually mount your DOS
drive there depends upon whether the drive is on the same machine (dual
boot?).  Although, you might more typically mount it at /mnt/dos_c or
/mnt/win95c.

Quote:
>I read FAQ but didn't find answer

Probably wrong FAQ and wrong newsgroup.  You need a FAQ about mounting
local (or remote?) hard drives in Unix.

Quote:
>If anybody can help ,please

>Boris

--

http://www.xnet.com/~efflandt/


Sun, 25 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Problem to read DOS directory from SCO UNIX
G'day all:

I apologize in advance for this intrusion onto perl related discussion.
We are in need of two full time Perl/Unix/Linux programmers in
Vancouver, BC Canada. In a final bid of desperation, I decided to post
this message.

if (anyone is in the area || knows of someone who is looking for work
here) {
      please send me an E-mail Privately
      {

Thank you.

D. Nickull



Sun, 25 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Problem to read DOS directory from SCO UNIX
Likewise we need somone too,Linux environment, or should I say {*filter*}y
rainy environment ;-)

George Muenz
NetNation Communications Inc.



Quote:
> G'day all:

> I apologize in advance for this intrusion onto perl related
discussion.
> We are in need of two full time Perl/Unix/Linux programmers in
> Vancouver, BC Canada. In a final bid of desperation, I decided to post
> this message.

> if (anyone is in the area || knows of someone who is looking for work
> here) {
>       please send me an E-mail Privately
>       {

> Thank you.

> D. Nickull


--
Human Resources
NetNation Communications Inc.
Vancouver, BC, Canada

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't.



Wed, 12 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Problem to read DOS directory from SCO UNIX

Quote:
> Likewise we need somone too,Linux environment, or should I say {*filter*}y
> rainy environment ;-)

OK. You find the two air fares, the place to live and a job for an
experienced housing manager as well as this and we might talk ... I
guess not right ?

/J\
--

Some of your questions answered:
<URL: http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~gellyfish/resources/wwwfaq.htm>
Hastings: <URL: http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;



Wed, 12 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 6 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. directory entries chopped on SCO Unix

2. Problem with Perl on SCO Unix

3. tkmail problem with Perl on SCO Unix

4. Problems with perl 4.010 under SCO Unix 2.3.2

5. some problems with Perl4.003 on SCO Unix 3.2.0

6. Problems getting PERL running on SCO UNIX

7. My Witzend<--I : Curses install problem on SCO UNIX

8. Help: problems compiling Perl5 on SCO UNIX

9. Reading a NT directory from Unix

10. Dos Bigperl problem finding root directory

11. Problem with converting DOS text files to UNIX text files

12. Problem DOS BigPerl vs Unix

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software