ANSI NT W2K
Author Message
 ANSI NT W2K

I try to make my output more colourful. But with Windows NT / 2000 I cant
use the ansi function described in the perl (5.6.1) documentation. I always
get the control sequence  "?[1;34mThis text is bold blue."

Thanks for your help
carsten

Tue, 22 Nov 2005 10:31:29 GMT
 ANSI NT W2K

Quote:
> I try to make my output more colourful. But with Windows NT / 2000 I cant
> use the ansi function described in the perl (5.6.1) documentation. I
always
> get the control sequence  "?[1;34mThis text is bold blue."

> Thanks for your help
> carsten

Afaik this won't work in a cmd.exe shell.
It will work if you load ansi.sys and run in a command.com shell - but you
may not want to run in that shell. It's the *last* shell I would want to use
:-)

It might also run in a bash shell if you wanted to install one and try
........ dunno .......

Cheers,
Rob

Wed, 23 Nov 2005 01:38:04 GMT

1. Text coloring in console on NT/w2k machines.

2. NT/W2K Authentication accross non-trusting domains possible?

3. ANSI Color under WIN NT 4.0

4. Apache+Perl+CGI+W2K: Why METHOD POST is that extrem slow since I switched from NT4 to W2K?

5. failed open in W2K doesn't pass flow of control as expected

6. performance Perl CGI+W2K+IIS5?

7. IE5/IE6 and W2K

8. running ActivePerl on W2k Prof

9. Find logged on users i w2k

10. no backtick output on client-side perlscript under w2k

11. DBD::ODBC HPUX->w2k

12. newbie - w2k server variables