flock() problem
Author Message
 flock() problem

Quote:

>Can someone please point out what is wrong:
>Platform: Sparc 5
>OS: Solaris 2.5.x
>open(FILE,"< /tmp/junk");

           ^^^^^
This looks bogus. Get rid of that space char. And check the return code of open.

Quote:
>flock(FILE,2);
>Does not lock! Do I need rpc.lockd or some other thing running on my
>machine?

Not if your /tmp is not mounted via nfs (a damned stupid idea ... -)

ciao
  lutz
--

Do not take life too seriously, you will never get out of it alive.

Fri, 25 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 flock() problem

Quote:

> >open(FILE,"< /tmp/junk");
>            ^^^^^
> This looks bogus.

It's not bogus.

Quote:
> And check the return code of open.

Good advice!

--
Tom Phoenix           http://www.teleport.com/~rootbeer/

Randal Schwartz Case:  http://www.rahul.net/jeffrey/ovs/
              Ask me about Perl trainings!

Sat, 26 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. FLOCK Problem with Perl-4.036 on AIX 3.2.5

2. perl flock problem with simultaneous threads

3. advise please with input buffering and flock problem

4. File descriptor/flock problem

5. flock problem...

6. Flock problem

7. Windows 95 flock problem (hapless newbie question)

8. flock() problem

9. flock problems

10. flock problems

11. flock() problem