redirection Location help
Author Message
 redirection Location help

I want to do redirection
I'm useing the print "Location: http://www.*-*-*.com/ \n\n";

but I want to redirect to a web page and to a download file

if I do  second  line Print "Location: http://www.*-*-*.com/ \n\n"
my first redirect is ignored.

is here any way to do Location target =_blank or _self so I could
redirect to 2 diferent locations
or
system timer would be an alternative but I'm not sure if I can do that
something like this  timer set to 10000
                     on timer {
                     redirect to file;
                     timer disable;
                     }

can anybody help with this

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 redirection Location help

Quote:
>I want to do redirection
>I'm useing the print "Location: http://mysite.com/\n\n";

>but I want to redirect to a web page and to a download file

>if I do  second  line Print "Location: http://myfile.zip\n\n"
>my first redirect is ignored.

>is here any way to do Location target =_blank or _self so I could
>redirect to 2 diferent locations
>or
>system timer would be an alternative but I'm not sure if I can do that
>something like this  timer set to 10000
>                     on timer {
>                     redirect to file;
>                     timer disable;
>                     }

>can anybody help with this

it's really unclear to me what you're trying to do .. but here are some
facts that might help

1) you can only have one Location header per response

2) there is another HTTP header called Refresh that allows you to
refresh from one page to another page after a supplied number of seconds

3) you can put an entire URL inside a Location header - so (if I
understand what you're wanting to do correctly) you can do this

  print "Location: http://mysite.com/myfile.zip\n\n";

--

Fri, 11 Apr 2003 08:29:56 GMT
 redirection Location help

Quote:
> I want to do redirection
> I'm useing the print "Location: http://mysite.com/\n\n";

> but I want to redirect to a web page and to a download file

> if I do  second  line Print "Location: http://myfile.zip\n\n"
> my first redirect is ignored.

> is here any way to do Location target =_blank or _self so I could
> redirect to 2 diferent locations

How can you redirect to 2 different locations ?  A CGI program can
only make a single response.

Anyhow this isnt a Perl question.  The answer would be the same whatever
language you were using.

You will probably want to ask in comp.infosystems.www.authoring.cgi about
how you might achieve a similar effect.

/J\
--
Jonathan Stowe                      |
<http://www.gellyfish.com>          |      This space for rent

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Wierd redirection problem with Location:

2. Redirection using location

3. Wierd redirection problem with Location:

4. Location, Redirection

5. redirection using Location

6. redirection using Location: in Perl CGI script

7. print Location and print "Location

8. Client Area Redirection: Can anyone help?

9. Please help me with my Redirection script.

10. Client Area Redirection: Can anyone help?

11. Need help with IO redirection/redefinition

12. LWP and redirection via Javascript help needed