ftp.pl, lchat.pl, socket.ph
Author Message
 ftp.pl, lchat.pl, socket.ph

hello everyone!
has anyone used the 2 scripts ftp.pl & lchat.pl to automate some ftp
processes.  i'm having some trouble getting them to work.

my source of problem is the file sys/socket.ph .
inside of lchat.pl is the line:
# Only include sys/socket.ph if not already there

my understanding of perl is not really that great yet, so i think i'm
getting a bit confused with exactly what this means.

1)  i don't have socket.ph in my perl directory, only socket.pm, this isn't
the right file is it?
2)  i saw that to make socket.ph you have to run h2ph, but i couldn't find
h2ph, and didn't exactly understand how to use it.  i know it takes
socket.h (is this the socket.h in the standard C++ library?) and produces
socket.ph.
3)  where do i need to put socket.ph?
4)  is there anything else i need along with socket.ph (e.g. socket.pm)?
5)  i'm a bit confused as to the difference between use & require.  which
should i use here or does it matter?

i would REALLY appreciate any answers or clarifications of the above... has
anyone used these scripts?
thanks in advance!
-aaron

Mon, 13 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. socket.ph, ftp.pl and chat2.pl error found for Solaris and Irix

2. chat2.pl, hget.pl and socket.ph problems

3. hget.pl, chat2.pl and socket.ph problems

4. Chat2.pl, ftp.pl, etc

5. help with ftp.pl/chat2.pl

6. Help: problem with ftp.pl and chat2.pl

7. IBM AIX (SP/2) - CHAT2.PL <- FTP.PL <- perl5.0 Code

8. execute b.pl script from within a.pl script and b.pl vars remain

9. fpt.pl needs sys/socket.ph / what is socket.ph?

10. ftp.pl vs NET:FTP

11. ftp.pl perl ftp library

12. win32 ftp'put problem with ftp.pl