Script Ok from the Shell, not Ok from Apache Rh8.0
Author Message
 Script Ok from the Shell, not Ok from Apache Rh8.0

Hi everyone,

I'am porting a web application from RedHat 6.2 to RedHat 8/0
I have a script which run fine when I test it from the command line
(all the HTML code is well generated).
When this script is started by Apache it is then blocked right from the
begin.
I use CGI.pm and DBI.pm (with Pg).
I tried to split the script in a smaller ones in order to localte the faulty
part but
I came to the conclusion that everything is Ok when I test each part alone !
It seems that when there is more than 350 lines of code something does'nt
work.
Whatever I remove if I'am smaller than 350 lines of codes it works.
The -Tw doesn't give any usefull data.

With the ps command I can see there is a perl process executing my script
file with.
But this process is blocked on  writing to pipe ?? It's like the stdout of
my script was
redirected to something wrong when my script is larger than 350 lines ?

Thanks for your help.

Jean-Luc

Tue, 17 May 2005 00:07:37 GMT

1. utf8 length OK, or utf8 print OK :-(

2. Script error:"did not produce a valid header", but runs ok from command line

3. exec ok in Perl but not as a cron

4. Ok, so why does this one not work???

5. kill not ok?

6. cgi script runs ok, but pages mysteriously get larger as it progresses

7. Is it ok to post a fairly large perl script

8. BUS ERROR Syntax ok

9. Newbie Q: Are subroutines OK for this?

10. perl4: Run taintperl directly OK?

11. It's OK.

12. Ok, where did I get *this*!