canned reply script
Author Message
 canned reply script

I've written a script to generate canned replies to FAQs.  It'll grep
the headlines of the pods for the term given as argument.

I'd appreciate any suggestions, particularly for improvement or better
wording.

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

# canned_reply: a script to generate RTFM messages

# All rights reserved
#
# This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
# modify it under the same terms as Perl itself.

use Config;

($me = $0) =~ s%.*/%%;

$word = shift or die "$me: Usage: $me <term>\n";

chdir "$Config{installprivlib}/pod" or die "Can't chdir: $!";

closedir POD;

Some questions are asked more often than others.  These are called
"Frequently Asked Questions", abbreviated FAQ.

In many cases, to avoid answering the same questions over and over,
some helpful soul compiles a list of such questions with authoritative
answers.  It is commonly considered a minimum effort to search for such
a list and consult it before posting your problem to the newsgroup
-- especially if you're a beginner, since your problem is then even less
likely to be new. --

With your copy of perl, you should have received extensive
documentation, and the Perl FAQ is part of this documentation.

END_OF_FILE

__END__

--

Mon, 14 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. canned reply??

2. canned replies

3. question about canned perl script

4. Troubles with a Canned script

5. NEEDED: Auto Mail Reply program/script

6. Replying using NNTPClient in Perl script under linux

7. parsing canned response

8. How to use MIME::Lite to include the original message in the reply when replying to a message?

9. Setting the From or Reply when sending mail with Mailtools module

10. Sending an html reply

11. REQUEST: Mail auto-reply programs written in Perl

12. Email forms ---> Sybase PLEASE REPLY