Mail attachments in NT w/o sendmail, blat, etc...
Author Message
 Mail attachments in NT w/o sendmail, blat, etc...

I've just started working with Perl in NT 4.0 (I'm used to working in
Unix) and I've run into a problem I'm hoping someone can help me out
with...

I need to send a text file that's on our server to a specified email
address, but it has to be sent as an attachment.  The server we're
working on does not have sendmail.exe installed, and it's not ours so I
can't install any modules or other executable programs.  Currently, I'm
using a perl script developed by Christian Mallwitz
( http://www.*-*-*.com/ ) to send
the file, but it sends the file in the body of the message, not as an
attachment.  I've looked around and found several suggested solutions to
this problem, but all require either extra modules or executables to be
installed on the server.  Are there any other ways to do this?

Wed, 24 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Mail attachments in NT w/o sendmail, blat, etc...

I use the following program under NT for my perl scripts.

http://www.stalkerlab.ch/SMailers/index.html

It has all the basic functionality for what I need but YMMV.

../Martin

Quote:

> I've just started working with Perl in NT 4.0 (I'm used to working in
> Unix) and I've run into a problem I'm hoping someone can help me out
> with...

> I need to send a text file that's on our server to a specified email
> address, but it has to be sent as an attachment.  The server we're
> working on does not have sendmail.exe installed, and it's not ours so I
> can't install any modules or other executable programs.  Currently, I'm
> using a perl script developed by Christian Mallwitz
> (http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Park/8312/mail1a_pl.txt) to send
> the file, but it sends the file in the body of the message, not as an
> attachment.  I've looked around and found several suggested solutions to
> this problem, but all require either extra modules or executables to be
> installed on the server.  Are there any other ways to do this?

> Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Fri, 26 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Mail attachments in NT w/o sendmail, blat, etc...

2. Sending email attachments with Mail::Mailer and sendmail

3. Mail Attachments via Perl Sendmail A REAL ANSWER!

4. Blat Mail, Perl & NT

5. email attachment MIME::Lite sendmail - zero byte attachments

6. Sending Emails but not using Sendmail etc etc

7. MIME Mail help on NT - no sendmail!

8. MIME Mail help on NT - no sendmail!

9. blat.exe sendmail with perl script

10. blat sendmail

11. Sending An e-mail Attachment Using e-mail Relay Server

12. using Mail::Sendmail VS Mail::Sender ?