Script tolook at hotfolder and gunzip files on NT
Author Message
 Script tolook at hotfolder and gunzip files on NT

Hi I am a newbie to perl but would like to write a script to look at a
specific directory on an NT server and when gzipped files hit there for the
gunzip application to run and unzip the files and then move those unzipped
files into another specific directory.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Fri, 30 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Script tolook at hotfolder and gunzip files on NT

Quote:

> Hi I am a newbie to perl but would like to write a script to look at a
> specific directory on an NT server and when gzipped files hit there
> for the gunzip application to run and unzip the files and then move
> those unzipped files into another specific directory.

> Any suggestions would be appreciated.

You could probably use some of the functions documented in the perlfunc
manpage, especially readdir and friends, system, and rename. Cheers!

Fri, 30 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Cant gunzip pmtools-1.00.tar.gz

2. make/gunzip/tar etc for CPAN ??

3. Gunzip at Prohosting

4. Newbie query re. gzip/gunzip

5. Calling Gunzip (Gzip) from Perl

6. Where is gunzip?

7. Not possible to gunzip Tk800.020.tar.gz

8. Script to protect files/directories with NT

9. Perl Script as NT service and -M $file

10. UNC drive\path\file for NT Cgi/Perl script

11. passing wildcard file args to NT perl script

12. Perl script under NT, file access