FAQ: When I tried to run my script, I got this message. What does it
Author Message
 FAQ: When I tried to run my script, I got this message. What does it

This message is one of several periodic postings to comp.lang.perl.misc
intended to make it easier for perl programmers to find answers to
common questions. The core of this message represents an excerpt
from the documentation provided with every Standard Distribution of
Perl.

+
  When I tried to run my script, I got this message. What does it
mean?

    A complete list of Perl's error messages and warnings with explanatory
    text can be found in the perldiag manpage. You can also use the splain
    program (distributed with Perl) to explain the error messages:

        perl program 2>diag.out
        splain [-v] [-p] diag.out

    or change your program to explain the messages for you:

        use diagnostics;

    or

        use diagnostics -verbose;

-

Documents such as this have been called "Answers to Frequently
Asked Questions" or FAQ for short.  They represent an important
part of the Usenet tradition.  They serve to reduce the volume of
redundant traffic on a news group by providing quality answers to
questions that keep coming up.

If you are some how irritated by seeing these postings you are free
to ignore them or add the sender to your killfile.  If you find
errors or other problems with these postings please send corrections
or comments to the posting email address or to the maintainers as
directed in the perlfaq manual page.

Answers to questions about LOTS of stuff, mostly not related to
Perl, can be found by pointing your news client to

or to the many thousands of other useful Usenet news groups.

Note that the FAQ text posted by this server may have been modified
from that distributed in the stable Perl release.  It may have been
edited to reflect the additions, changes and corrections provided
by respondents, reviewers, and critics to previous postings of
these FAQ. Complete text of these FAQ are available on request.

The perlfaq manual page contains the following copyright notice.

  AUTHOR AND COPYRIGHT

    Copyright (c) 1997-1999 Tom Christiansen and Nathan
    Torkington.  All rights reserved.

This posting is provided in the hope that it will be useful but
does not represent a commitment or contract of any kind on the part
of the contributers, authors or their agents.

                                                           03.31
--
    This space intentionally left blank

Mon, 23 Feb 2004 01:17:02 GMT

1. Newbie trying to understand error message when running script

2. perl scripts tries to locate specific file, getting file not found

3. FAQ: When I tried to run my script, I got this message. What does it mean?

4. FAQ: When I tried to run my script, I got this message. What does it mean?

5. FAQ: When I tried to run my script, I got this message. What does it

6. FAQ: When I tried to run my script, I got this message. What does it

7. FAQ: When I tried to run my script, I got this message. What does it

8. FAQ 3.31: When I tried to run my script, I got this message. What does it

9. FAQ 3.31: When I tried to run my script, I got this message. What does it

10. Tries to download script when running

11. Trying to get a perl script to run from html

12. Headers are stripped off before my script gets the message