perl xs module
Author Message
 perl xs module

...seems to come with several files (.pm .bs .dll .exp .lib). I've
found I can get away with discluding all but .pm and .dll, but
although I can do this I'm trying to find out if I should to this. Are
the others necessary at any time for execution of the module?

Tue, 22 Nov 2005 12:09:45 GMT
 perl xs module

Quote:
> ...seems to come with several files (.pm .bs .dll .exp .lib). I've
> found I can get away with discluding all but .pm and .dll, but
> although I can do this I'm trying to find out if I should to this. Are
> the others necessary at any time for execution of the module?

I hope not :-)
On my mingw-built perl all that gets installed is the '.pm', the '.dll', the
(empty) '.bs' and a '.packlist'.

The inclusion of the '.exp' and the '.lib' seems to be a msvc thing.

Cheers,
Rob

Wed, 23 Nov 2005 01:45:32 GMT

1. Perl 5.6.1 / OS/2 Perl XS module

2. perl XS module for GNU regex ??

3. shm_open command crashing perl XS module

4. Gargabe collection in Perl xs modules?

5. perl XS module for GNU regex ??

6. Perl XS Module failing at shm_open( ) statement

7. ANNOUNCE: perl ldap module using .XS

8. XS: accessing perl module methods from C

9. Creating xs layer with specific name of the rersulting XS DLL

10. Creating xs layer with specific name of the rersulting XS DLL

11. Call C function in XS from C function in the same XS file

12. XS problem with my module