Perl message on Linux: Setting locale failed.
Author Message
 Perl message on Linux: Setting locale failed.

I've had this problem for a while.  Some international settings have
bien corrupted in my Linux box and I'm trying to repair it with no luck.

Here's the message:

perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
        LANGUAGE = "fr",
        LC_ALL = "fr_CA",
        LANG = "fr"

If any one has a clue, I'd appeciate some way to eliminate this.

Thanks.

Fri, 18 Apr 2003 03:35:46 GMT
 Perl message on Linux: Setting locale failed.

Quote:

>I've had this problem for a while.  Some international settings have
>bien corrupted in my Linux box and I'm trying to repair it with no luck.

If you need to repair the corrupted locale settings on your linux box,
you must ask in a Linux newsgroup.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Fri, 18 Apr 2003 10:10:08 GMT
 Perl message on Linux: Setting locale failed.

Quote:

>I've had this problem for a while.  Some international settings have
>bien corrupted in my Linux box and I'm trying to repair it with no luck.

>Here's the message:

>perl: warning: Setting locale failed.

Please see the perllocale man page.  It has an extensive discussion
on exactly this issue.  Almost certainly this isn't a perl problem,
and you'll probably get better advice on how to repair your system
in a Linux-specific forum.

--

    Dept. of Physics
    Lafayette College, Easton PA 18042

Sat, 19 Apr 2003 05:55:56 GMT

1. perl: warning: Setting locale failed.

2. perl: warning: Setting locale failed

3. perl: warning: Setting locale failed

4. Settings locale failed

5. Setting locale failed

6. Setting locale failed

7. Setting locale failed.

8. warning: setting locale failed (??) (5.004_04)

9. Setting locale failed.

10. locale setting under Linux

11. perl and Locale settings.

12. linux perl 5.004 locale problem?