Automating postings to newsgroups with Perl
Author Message
 Automating postings to newsgroups with Perl

Greetings:

How do I open the newsgroup socket (port 119) for those news groups that
require a user id and password?

I.E. How do I pass along the user and password so I can have the program
post the message?

Thank you for your time.

Peter Perchansky,  Computer Consultant & Microsoft FrontPage MVP
PMP Computer Solutions
FrontPage Web Hosting at http://www.*-*-*.com/
FrontPage Support http://www.*-*-*.com/

Thu, 08 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Automating postings to newsgroups with Perl

Quote:
> How do I open the newsgroup socket (port 119) for those news groups that
> require a user id and password?

1. Use a module; there's one on CPAN which can help. 2. Please, don't post
spam. Thanks! :-)

--
Tom Phoenix           http://www.teleport.com/~rootbeer/

Randal Schwartz Case:  http://www.rahul.net/jeffrey/ovs/
              Ask me about Perl trainings!

Thu, 08 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. perl scripts that automate FAQ postings?

2. Posting to a newsgroup using Perl

3. Posting an article to a newsgroup using Perl

4. Guru help needed - Posting from perl-cgi to newsgroup

5. Posting to a Newsgroup with a Perl Script.

6. posting in newsgroup using perl script?

7. Posting to Newsgroups from Perl Script

8. Posting to newsgroups via PERL

9. perl posting to newsgroup

10. automated posting via forms with LWP, HTTP, ...

11. Send Bulk Newsgroup Postings

12. Script for posting in Newsgroups