Perl & Office
Author Message
 Perl & Office

Hello,

I seek to create a small utility of documentation allowing to
know the title, the author and the key words associated documents
Word, Excel... (Office of Microsoft). These values are accessible
from file > properties > summary in the various Office
documents.
Can one reach these values starting from Perl: I tested
starting from WIN32::OLE without success.

Thank you for any help:)

Thu, 06 Oct 2005 12:45:12 GMT
 Perl & Office

Quote:
> Hello,

> I seek to create a small utility of documentation allowing to
> know the title, the author and the key words associated documents
> Word, Excel... (Office of Microsoft). These values are accessible
> from file > properties > summary in the various Office
> documents.
> Can one reach these values starting from Perl: I tested
> starting from WIN32::OLE without success.

> Thank you for any help:)

IIRC, there is a module on CPAN specifically for parsing Office documents.
Go to http://search.cpan.org and search for it. I think I did a search for
'office' when I found it. Good luck.

Anthony

Thu, 06 Oct 2005 19:19:58 GMT

1. POP - Post Office Protocol reader in Perl?

2. Out of Office AutoReply: Deja.Com Daily Digest: comp.lang.perl.mi sc 2/4

3. !14 DAY FREE TRIAL VIRTUAL OFFICE!!!!

4. Host your WEB DESIGNS and organize WEB OFFICES with our Virtual Servers

5. Extract file properties from Office documents

6. parseexcel and office XP

7. send email to NT Exhange server or post office mail

8. How can I identify MS Office files?

9. module of Unix office software

10. Problems with Win32::OLE and MSWord in Office 97

11. Yahoo! Technical - London office

12. Host your WEB DESIGNS and organize WEB OFFICES with our Virtual Servers